Game Idea Research


Flckr

 After receiving feedback from my lecture this week, I have researched and dissected my ideas I have prompt for this modules project. As I got feedback from Irene, based on my four ideas, I have made an executive decision to go down the path of an endless 3D running game. I was thorn between a bike game that had the element of loops, but It seemed too far advance for this project. The aim of this project is to have easy and functional game. Another reason I sided with the endless 3d running game was I found many resources and videos tutorials aiding you through the creating the game.These endless 3D games have always been popular in the gaming industry and still to present day, they are easy to play and addictive. I can also have a range  of audience to target for this game. 

As I stated in my last blog post I would love to set the game scene on top of buildings, as the player runs.  The user will be running on top of building going through obstacles it may faced including jumping, sliding and turning. My game idea was inspired my temple run. 

While inputting my obstacles in the game scene, there will obstacles such as contraction fences so the player can slide under them. Also, sliding under water tanks. I was researching the mechanics that need to be applied. This would be perfect for a 3d endless running game and if the player fails to slide the game will end. 

Another game mechanic which I would like to include in my game is jumping. Jumping over between building and obstacles it may face like a cone or a sign. Adding this mechanic and sliding will make the game more enjoyable. Another element I would like to add is adding collecting coins and the more coins it collects the player gains momentum. 

I would also like to add a moving left to right mechanic. This feature would add a better experience for the player. This appears to be a good fit for both of my game concepts for this 3D endless runner.


Bibliography:

14 best hyper-causual ganmeplay mechanics:

Code an endless runner game using unreal engine and C ++

Unity





 

Comments

  1. Hi Alex,

    Loving the game idea. I think a 3D endless runner is a good option for the project we're doing. Hence why I'm also doing it! XD. I was just wondering about the obstacles in your games. I was thinking what is really high up on top of buildings. Maybe you could have birds as obstacles the player would have to dodge? As well who is your main player going to be? You could have some type of wanna be superhero (just a man in a cape). His only superpower is Parkour! I'm looking forward to seeing your game and how you develop it and no doubt we can help each other out with the similar gaming platforms. Cant wait to play!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex

    I love your game idea. Its really interesting. I also have faith that the visuals will look stunning considering the fact that your character is running on top of a building. I've also seen unity tutorials on how to make a game similar to that. If you want for level progression there could be more obstacles and rewards for your player the longer the player plays the game. I can't wait to play it.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex I really like your idea for your endless runner game. I really enjoy games like this for example Temple run and subway surfer I used to play those games a lot growing up. I feel like this idea is great because it is widely accessible and people would want to keep playing it over and over to beat their record.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable

Prototype