Unity Tutorial 06

 



In this week's unity lessons, I found it super intriguing. The last two tutorials I have been working on creating an endless running game. This week I added the bells and whistles to add the final touches to the game.  

Firstly, I learned about a new feature applying animations to my player. I made my player run in the spot and increased his speed, so it matches the background speed. I will apply this to my final game, which was super useful. 

Secondly, I added dirty and explosion animations. While the player is runner, the runner has dirty coming from his feet, and then I added an explosion animation when the player collides with the obstacles. While I was applying these animations I also added a fall animation when the player dies. 

Finally, for this tutorial I added sounds and music, when the player jumps there is a sound and when the player dies there is a sound too. There is also background music. All these features add the finishing touches to the game. 





In this week's challenge I had to fix the errors in the code. The errors are 

As the player presses the spacebar, the balloon rises.

The background repeats itself, replicating the movement of the balloon.

On a timer, bombs and money tokens are created at random.

There is a particle and sound effect when you collide with the Money.

When you collide with the Bomb, there’s an explosion and the background stops


I fixed all errors apart from the bonus level 9, 






Comments

  1. Nice blogs, man. I found this challenging because I had to restart it so many times due to unitys updates and visual studio not working on my mac so I got frustrated and gave up for now.

    I do, however, like how you structured your blog to describe your process, its simple and sweet. I can follow it no problem and understand whats going on. You seem to have a good way of writing. Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable

Prototype