Unity Tutorial 02

 

 

Lesson1.4

In lesson 1.4 tutorials, we must get on the road and take command of the automobile. To accomplish so, we must first detect when the player presses the arrow keys, then accelerate and turn the car in response to that input. You'll be able to move the vehicle forwards or backwards and turn left to right using new methods, Vectors, and variables.

During this lesson I had great difficulties with unity, again my laptop a heart attack and got overwhelmed when I opened my game on unity. At first my vehicle was moving left and right when I used the arrow keys, but when I had to apply the code to rotate the vehicle and gain control to move the vehicle up and down unity would not co-operate with me. It took a long time to figure out the problem, I had help from my lecture to ensure my code was correct, in fact it was correct.  


Challenge 1 




 In this challenge, we had to fly a jet past obstacles in the sky using the abilities you learned in the driving simulation. To manipulate the plane's pitch up and down, you'll need to obtain the user's input via the up and down arrows. To keep the plane in view, you'll need to make the camera follow along with it.

I honestly enjoyed this challenge, as my laptop decided to co-operate with unity. I had to adjust the C# script in order for the plane to go forward. Then my favourite aspect of unity is positioning the camera so the player can see the plane. This is probably the most easy aspect of the challenge. While I was adjusting minor errors in the C# script, I was gaining more understanding of C# script. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable

Prototype