Unity Tutorial 04

 



In this week's Unity Tutorials, I can feel myself gaining more and more knowledge and now applying self corrections. I do not spend too long when there is an error in my code, I mainly know where the error is and where I went wrong. The more coding I do, the more I understand what I am applying to my coding instead of just following the tutorial. At the beginning of this module I did not think I would gain that much Knowledge and each week I am enjoying doing these tutorials. 


In lesson 2.4 the game is coming along beautifully, but there were few things I needed to include before it was finished. Rather of pressing S to spawn the animal, I set a timer for the them to appear every few seconds. After that I add colliders to all our prefabs so that throwing a projectile into an animal will kill it. Finally, if any animals get past the player, they would display a "Game over" notice to the player. Overall, this lesson went smoothly for me and the code in these will be beneficial when I will apply it to my final 



 

challenge two was a really a challenged. I found it difficult fixing the errors and I think there was no tutorial to follow It made it hard and challenging. I finally corrected the errors, such as the dog coming from the player and the balls dropping the sky. I did have to research a youtube video to aid me for one part but overall it was pretty fun and I liked putting the knowledge I have so far in Unity to use. 

Finally lesson 3, was definitely the most useful out of the three tasks. I created a fast-paced, never-ending side-scrolling runner game in which the player must time jumps over oncoming obstacles to avoid crashing. This game is very similar, to my final game for this module. I found it super interesting that everything in the scene was moving left to create the illusion that the player was moving forward. 



 

 


 

 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable

Prototype