Game Vision Statement

  

Source: flickr

The final name for my game is "Secretary Sprint". It is an endless 3D running game,  designed for a desktop. The secretary is on the run, as he  stole money from his boss. The secretary is being chased by his angry and aggressive boss, and takes place on the rooftop of buildings, hoping the player will flee from the boss. 

I was inspired by Subway Surfers and Temple Run, these games have always been my favourite since I was a child. Ever since I got my first Ipad at 9 years old, I would spend hours upon hours playing endless 3D running games. I find these games are easy, addictive and appeal to all ages across the board. This game is not aimed at one particular age category. So when it came to creating my own game, I decided to create my own endless running game. 

This game will be packed with obstacles for the player to avoid. The player will be in control of the secretary on the run from his boss. Obstacles will add more difficulty to the gamer and will make it more enjoyable. As I stated in my last blog post about the mechanic imbued in this game, the mechanics are  jumping sliding down and moving left to right to different buildings. 

I visioned the player will have the option to jump from left to right and to the centre. As the player is being chased, they will have to jump between the spaces between the buildings and change different paths. The player having the ability to run and jump to avoid obstacles. The scene will be jammed packed with obstacles. The player will press the space bar to jump some obstacles are wooden fence, birds  a wall and also satellite on top of the buildings. 

I would also like to include some sort of platform for the player to jump onto. As the player jumps on the platform there will be a hill/ramp as the player will fluctuate between levels on top of the buildings. I think adding this feature will add an enjoyable experience and seem like the player is not running just one a single axis on top of different buildings. 

Sliding will also be another feature embedded in this game, the layer can slide down ramps and under obstacles such as a water tank and walls too! The player will also have the choice to jump or slide under the wooden fence. The player would press the down key for the player to pursue that action. 

As the player runs they will encounter coffee drinks. These coffee drinks will supply energy to the player, the player may run faster from the chaser and the more coffee you collect the more points you can achieve. 

A timer box may appear on the game, on the top part of the screen, so the player knows how long they have been running for and hope they can achieve a high score. Another box may be added to display how many coffees/points the player gained. 

The colour I vision for this game is vibrant and bold colours. like blue, red orange, yellow, black and grey. When the player is running there will be a blue sky and some clouds in the background to give the effect that the player is high on top of buildings. Greyish and brick like images and also vibrant colour for the obstacles.  The Text in this game will also be bold and vibrant throughout the theme. 

I imagine the camera angle to be behind the player, a high angle looking down perspective. The  players view, the player will be able to see the scene and obstacles they will have to encounter. I find this perspective suits perfectly, as all other 3D endless running game have this type of camera angle embedded. The player may also see the aggressive boss chasing in their view. 



                                                  Here's a really rough drawing of my game. 







Bibliography:

Pluralsight 

A game concept 

8 Key Elements that Make a Game Successful









Comments

  1. Hey! I love how much thought you have put into your game idea. You have a very clear vision and it's obvious that you have put a lot of time into thinking of mechanics and the design of the game. I look forward to seeing how you get on with developing your game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex, This game sounds so fun! I can definitely see this in my head clearly when reading about your description of the details. I love the aesthetic you've chosen, it is humorous and has most definitely not been done before. I am aware of your influences Subway Surfers and Temple Run as I am also making a 3D running game. When I first started reading this blog post I immediately envisioned one of the obstacles as zip lining on electrical wires on the rooftop. Im not sure if this would actually be do-able but I thought I would share an idea. I can't wait to see your game idea come to life, looking forward to it!

    Philippa :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable

Prototype