Prototype

 



Finally, this week I got to create my game scene. When I first opened Unity I was kinda... lost. I did not know where to start and how to make my own assets. I was like a dear in headlights for a moment, but then I started by creating a plane to give me a base to work on. Then I created cubed objects so they can be the buildings and then finally I applied a wall around my scene which will be the sky. 

Once I got my head around creating objects, it became very easy and also fun. I enjoyed seeing my vision come to life even though its in the early stages. 

I also created my my player controller script, spawn manger script and move left script to get me started for the coding aspect. I have not applied any coding , as I focused on creating and setting my scene. 

After I created my objects it was time to bring them to life, so I added textures. I got my textures from copy right free sources so I could apply it to my game. I watched a very useful Youtube video, which was very helpful. 

I added brick and glass texture textures to the buildings. I adjusted the main camera too so I can view the players view. 

I found it challenging scaling and positioning my objects. 

The agenda for this week was constructing my scene, which I have met and then next week I will create my character and start adding the code. 

Im looking forward to see my game progress each week and see my vision come to life. 

Comments

  1. Hey Alex

    Very good prototype. Your scene is looking very well already and it can only get better. I can't wait to see how your game looks once it's finished and I wish you the best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex,

    Really good start on your game, despite being confused at the start you seem to have set yourself some realistic targets and have a good plan in place to move forward. The graphics so far seem really good to, I love that you're paying so much attention to the textures around the world, it only makes the game even more immersive!

    You're doing amazing, can't wait to see what you're going to do with this and look forward to playing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alex.

    Well I'll tell you one thing. You are a lot further than me on your game prototype. I just have a road and a ball. I couldnt even work out the code lmao. Your prototype looks awesome. and the buildings look extremely real. How did you get the textures, they look really cool. Putting in the wall to make it like a sky seems very clever in my opinion. I would make it a brighter colour, perhaps to match with the sky in the game. Dont worry about positioning everything right know. I know you will get the hang of it. I cannot wait to play your game.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable