Unity Tutorial 07


 



 Unit 4.1

This week's unity tutorial was very different from any other tutorial. I was presented with a floating island with an aesthetically pleasing sky effect. (side note- which I might look into later and how to create a nice sky effect for my own game. ) The Agenda was the user will be able to rotate the camera in a full circle around the island, giving them a view of the location. A sphere will represent the player, which will be wrapped in a realistic texture of your choice. Finally more force, I applied code to allow the player  to move forward or backward in the direction of the camera.

 The only new skill I found was the camera rotating around the island., but I don't see myself using that  feature for my own game.  

 Unit 4.2

Again, I applied my preferred texture to the enemy. The enemy bounced off the the player.  Finally, the player will be chased throughout the island by the enemy, who will spawn in random locations. I loved how the enemy chased the player, also the code for this wasn't too bad and I gained some understanding for it.

Unit 4.3

This aspect I mainly watched the video because there was trouble with my unity and I didn't not want to waste too much time on it so I watched the tutorial.  This aspect was definitely useful and new and also complex.  A power up  appeared at a random, waiting for the player to activate it. When the player collides with this power up, the power up will vanish and an indicator will display over the player's head. After being picked up, the power up lasts for 5 seconds, giving the player incredible strength to blast adversaries away!

The power up can be used for any type of game especially the game I'm creating. I could used this tutorial as a guide to aid me.   

In my own game, I intend to apply a power up as coffees cups,. When the player is running and it will make the player go faster and build their points up as they run faster. 

Overall, I found the lessons this week very challenging and intense, but also extremely useful. Next week, I intend to follow tutorials suited for my own game. 





Comments

  1. Hi Alex, what a good read. I found this week to be quite similar to yours. I don't think many of these tutorials will help me in the future but are super interesting to learn. I am glad I am not the only one who has these views about this weeks tutorials. These were definitely the hardest ones to follow so far but I can not wait to see where these tutorials take your final game. Best of luck for the rest of the semester

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable

Prototype