Tutorial 02

 



In the first part of this tutorial, we had to Decorate the World.  I added the metal box to the scene, then in the project settings and graphics I changed the Transparency Sort Axis coordinates: x = 0 y = 1 z = 0. This instructs Unity to draw Sprites based on their y-axis position.


When I select the Ruby GameObject, In the Inspector, I Change the Sprite Sort Point to Pivot.


The single Sprite Pivot was then positioned to the bottom. I Adjusted the Pivots I set the Custom Pivot in the Sprite Editor to 0.5 in x and 0 in y. This section was new to me, yet it was quite simple to comprehend. I then created a prefab folder and dragged the assets to build my environment.  Overall this tutorial was quite simple to do and understand and had no problems.


The second tutorial was World Interactions. I changed the script for my character Ruby's controller so that she can clash with the world instead of passing through objects. I did this by utilising another powerful Unity feature: the Physics System.


Again this tutorial was easy to do and understand and had no problems while completing the task, I used Box Collider 2D and Rigidbody 2D component. These were new to me, but I already worked with the 3d versions of these, so it was no different to the 3d box collider and rigid body.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

first playable

Prototype