Tutorial 06

 

Screenshot


I had to develop a user interface to my game for this week's tutorial so that I could view Ruby's health on screen. I learned about the UI in Unity, which uses a GameObject called a Canvas component to create UI-specific components such like graphics, sliders, and buttons. A Canvas specifies how each UI element should be presented on screen and is responsible for rendering all UI components that are its children.

Using the UI editor was a breeze for me. It was challenging for me to create a health bar mask. It was really difficult for me to resize and shift its anchors to match the empty space in  UI where the Health bar should sit. The step-by-step instructions on the Unity website were not clear enough for this section, so I watched a YouTube video of someone at this stage. The video was very helpful, and I would not have been able to complete this week's tutorial without it.

I can now see my game coming together, and I can't wait to see how it works out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Vision Statement

first playable