Publishing Task 3

Migration

When I was migrating my website I used a plugin called All in one WP Migration. This allowed me to download my website files from the local host. I then used Infinity free to host my online website and to give my website a domain. Once my infinity free account started working, I had all my files in the file manager. Once Infinity free accepts my domain name. I then created another WordPress account and downloaded the All in one WP Migration plugin. This allowed me to import my website file from the local host website.  I had a problem while importing my website. The progress bar was stuck on 76% and would complete importing even though I paid for the website to be hosted online. Eventually, after numerous attempts and hours, it finally worked and my website was online.

Link to website: http://alexanderpartridge.epizy.com/

Theme

The theme I used for my website was called Inspiro.  I chose this theme since it felt fitting for the straightforward website design I was aiming for. This theme was clean and straightforward, which is what I wanted instead of a convoluted one.

Plugins 

Image optimisation service by Optimal: This allowed the images to load faster and with better quality. 


Jetpack: It helps you increase visitors while also making WP sites quicker and safer.


Maps Widget for Google Maps: This allowed me to have a google map with the exact location embedded in my site. 


Photo Gallery:  I created many photo galleries on my site. This allowed me to display all the images in a grid and slideshow. 


Site Reviews: I used this on my website under each trip. A user was allowed to comment and could also view other comments. It also had an overall star rating too. 


WP Travel: This allowed me to lay out my trips with a description next to them. 


WP Trip Summary: This provided an overall summary of the trip along with pricing, itinerary, FAQs and a map. 


All-in-one WP Migration: This allowed me to import and export my website files. 


WP Trip Engine- Travel and booking plugin



Code Snippets 

Unfortunately, I didn't apply any code snippets for this assignment. Adding code snippets was difficult for me, and whenever I added new code snippets to my websites, an "error" would appear and corrupt my website. Therefore, decided to leave it out so as not to crash my website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Game Vision Statement

first playable